Sr Homeport Rep (Mayport, FL)
General Dynamics Bath Iron Works | Mayport, FL
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingJob Description
This position will be permanently located in Mayport, Florida reporting to the Planning Yard Program Manager.
• Responsible for fulfilling the contractual requirements in the LCS Homeport supporting LCS Class Ships, providing on-site liaison between BIW Planning Yard, NAVSEA PMS 505 and assigned ships.
• Provide direct and continuous liaison between all Navy activities (Ships, Regional Maintenance Centers, Program Manager Representative, Supervisor of Shipbuilding, and Major Ship Repair Yards) and the Planning Yard in Maine on all matters related to LCS Class Ships.
• Function as an integral member of the Program Managers Representative (PMR) Team in supporting the Regional Modernization and Maintenance Coordination Office (RMMCO).
• Work closely with Port Engineers in support of the Navy's Continuous Maintenance Program, assisting in the resolution of emergent technical problems arising in the Fleet.
• Work directly with Maintenance Teams in support of the Navy's Fleet Response Plan providing authoritative information and technical resolution on all platform issues.
• Provide Planning Yard deliverables, design and material status reports, during the planning and execution phase of all modernization work on assigned ships during CNO avails.
• Keep BIW informed of ship schedules and any changes, coordinating ship checks, security clearances and other liaison activities as required by BIW Planning Yard Functional Managers.
• Work with Project Managers, Port Engineers, and Project Engineers in the evaluation of work notifications and their impact on projected ship work.
• Support LCS Modernization Programs by working closely with BIW Planning Yard and the customers.
• Ensure all provide a weekly status report for Availabilities in progress to Planning Yard Program Manager for ships in the homeport.
• Provide remote support to other BIW programs and functional areas (PSA, Fleet Services, New Construction) as required.
Minimum of an Associate's degree in a technical or business discipline and/or equivalent work experience, or a BIW Apprentice graduate; however, an undergraduate degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
• A solid Planning Yard background and understanding preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of collective experience in Marine Engineering or Design, USN or Command Fleet Lifecycle Support in the areas of maintenance and repair required
• In-depth knowledge of LCS Ships, along with experienced gained in a Navy waterfront maintenance environment preferred
• Must be familiar with Request for Contract Change (RCC); perform a detailed root cause analysis break down on every RCC generated within the assigned Availability, build a comprehensive briefing package inclusive of cause & affect, recommendations and a backup package for each RCC - inclusive of drawing detail, 4E WI detail and before & after photos
• Strong computer, oral, written, analytical and interpersonal skills, coupled with an ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
• Must be able to effectively manage priorities and meet schedule demands