Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Excellent Opportunity!
Wellpath | Indiantown, FL
Our Psychiatric Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) provides psychiatric consultation, diagnostic, and treatment services to the identified patient population, including medication management and crisis intervention services.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school.
- Two (2) years experience as an ARNP. Psychiatric experience preferred and/or experience in a residential healthcare institution.
- Competence necessary in the following areas: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care and psychiatric nursing care. Able to work without direct immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis and provide appropriate follow up treatment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the facility, in addition to a variety of outside customers with varying interests.
- Above average writing skills. Must be able to thoroughly and effectively document all work performed in the position.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Certification and licensure as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) in the state of practice.
- Must maintain CPR certification, and any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract.
ResponsibilitiesProvides comprehensive assessment, plan development, implementation of plan of care and evaluation of effectiveness of interventions with revisions as necessary. Performs admissionand annual physicals.Initiates, monitors, alters medications and treatments according to approved protocols. Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements and practice standards relating to the prescription administration of medications including compliance with DCF95-6.Provides evaluation of physical and behavioral health primary care physical assessments. Identify and evaluate illnesses.Compiles and evaluates medical histories and physical finding. Performs gynecological examinations. Initiates diagnostic laboratory test and interprets and evaluates laboratory results. Intervenes in patients medical emergencies.Monitors medication and initiates appropriate therapies for certain conditions and changes medications according to variations in a patient's response within established protocols.Observes and differentiates between signs and symptoms associated with normal human physiology and those indicative of pathological changes.Documents all relevant patient care issues in patients' progress notes and treatment plan all relevant patient care issues.Monitors and manages medical patients and appropriately refers to other specialists and disciplines.Contributes to the Employee Health program via activities such as pre-employment physical exams and clearance, employee immunization administration, employee health teaching, and assessment of employee medical emergencies and/or injuries.In conjunction with Infection Control Practitioner and the Human Resources Department, maintains employee health records.Includes the use of seclusion and restraint and alternative interventions, documentation requirements, disaster and fire procedures, infection control, risk management.Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as an individual, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.Perform other duties as assigned.