Kennel Assistant - Part Time
Argo Contact Centers | Statewide, FL
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingKennel Assistant - Part Time
Must be available to work weekends.
Under the supervision of the Kennel Manager, the employee will provide general care, cleaning, and feeding. The employee will also assist in maintaining and operating the kennel in a sanitary and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Handle animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, including those that may be sick or injured, regardless of situation or circumstance
* General care and maintenance of single and dual purpose dogs.
* General care and maintenance of dog kennels.
* General care and maintenance of facilities, vehicles and grounds.
* Ensuring each dog receives adequate breaks and exercise each day.
* Pressure washing kennels daily.
* Use cleaners and disinfectants with chemical agents per MSDS guidelines
* Hand washing dogs at least once a week.
* Administering medication and treating minor injuries.
* Feeding, watering and grooming dogs.
* Take appropriate measures at all times to control and prevent the spread of diseaseMust have knowledge and experience with large breed high drive dogs.
The required competencies of the Kennel Technician include, but are not limited to:
* Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions;
* Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
* Professionalism - Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments;
* Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
* Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time;
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; and
* Initiative - Takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when neededQualifications and Experience
* High school diploma or GED
* Minimum of one years of experience in the position with large breed high drive dogs preferred
* Must be able to talk to others to convey information effectively;
* Must be able to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents;
* Possess the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences;
* Possess the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understandOther Requirements
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with associates, trainers and handlers;
* Ability to interact with handlers and associates in a courteous, empathetic, and discreet manner;
* Ability to utilize basic office equipment (i.e. fax, copier, telephone, computer, e-mail, and pager);
* Ability to problem-solve using all available resources;
* Ability to read and write effectively;
* Ability to work in extreme temperatures;
* Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance;
* Ability to push approximately 150 pounds up and down inclines;
* Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds and store items in overhead areas;
* Ability to bend squat, kneel, climb, run and reach; and
* Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.